Kent is marking Mental Health Awareness Week (18 – 24 May 2020) in a variety of ways. Throughout the week and across the University there are a number of online events/activities that staff, and students can get involved in – virtually of course!
- Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is running an array of webinars for staff on mental health issues – especially timely during the coronavirus crisis and Mental Health Awareness Week. Check out the webinar schedule and find out more on the EAP website (login: uokent and password: university).
- Further support and information on Mental Health Awareness Week can be found on the staff Health and Wellbeing website.
- Coinciding with Mental Health Awareness week is ‘BAG’ (Belong and Grow) week, which has a number of webinars and blogs for staff to access during the week, including Mental Health Awareness in line with Covid-19.
- To tie-in with the theme of Kindness for this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week, Kent Union will be posting random acts of kindness on their website.
- For students, Kent Union also has lots of information on their De-Stress platform that acts as a hub for advice, support and activities. You can find more information on our Mental Health Awareness Week story.
- Across the University’s social media platforms, staff and students will find posts and stories, highlighting Mental Health Week. A session on our Instagram LIVE account, on Wednesday 20 May at 12.00, will feature a student giving out tips to others on how to manage stress and anxiety during the exam period.