Celebrating our staff efforts and successes during the pandemic - nominate a colleague or a team who have truly gone above and beyond.
We are hugely proud of our brilliant community of staff working across the University. The past year and a half have been more challenging than ever for all of us and yet we have seen extraordinary efforts from all our staff.
To recognise our collective and individual achievements during the pandemic, we are launching the Kent Staff Recognition Awards.
The Awards will be presented at an Awards Evening on our Canterbury campus on Wednesday 10th November 2021. All staff shortlisted for an Award will be invited to attend with a colleague, so please make sure you keep that evening free! During the evening, we will also take the opportunity to celebrate the amazing colleagues who have reached the milestone of having worked at Kent for 25 years.
Nominations will close at 11.59pm on 31st October 2021
All nominees who have been shortlisted for an award will receive an invitation to the Awards Evening where the winner and runner up for each category will be announced. Invitations will be sent out to shortlisted staff on 1st November 2021.
The Awards are open to all current staff from all areas of the University.
Nominations are invited for Awards in the following categories:
- Unsung heroes - recognising individuals who have gone above and beyond during the pandemic, perhaps to support our students, our staff or the University as a whole - let’s give them the recognition they deserve!
- Great team - recognising teams that have delivered an outstanding project, overcome significant challenges or gone above and beyond to deliver an outstanding service. We’ve got some truly great teams, often working away in the background with no one noticing - let’s shine a light on them!
- Supportive colleague – recognising individuals who have embodied the University’s values by providing advice, support and help for their immediate colleagues during the pandemic.
- Most humorous moments – remembering those unexpected enjoyable moments of life during the pandemic where working from home became the new normal for many of us while others continued working on our near-deserted campuses. So, whether it’s something funny that happened on a quiet campus during lockdown or a cat joining your Teams call, let’s celebrate the unexpected moments that lightened the mood during lockdown!
- Community impact - recognising individuals who have made a significant impact on the wider community through outstanding dedication, altruism, passion and citizenship.
The Awards are a fantastic opportunity to recognise and celebrate the efforts of our colleagues. We encourage everyone to take part and to nominate colleagues or teams who help make us proud to work at Kent.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org