Full-Time Equivalent Salary Scales (FTE)
UK salary scales
These salary scales are based on full-time members of staff who are working 35 hours per week.
If you work part-time, your salary is pro-rata and based on the number of hours you work per week. If you have any questions, please speak to your line manager who can advise.
Paris salary scales
Brussels salary scales
Rates of pay for Hourly Paid Lecturers (HPLs)
Hourly Paid Lecturers are paid for a specified number of contact hours at an hourly rate. This rate covers:
- setting and marking coursework and examinations
- any other related duties undertaken outside the contact hours specified by the school (including the presentation of an end-of-year report).
All payments are subject to appropriate tax and National Insurance deductions.
The Total Rate Paid hourly rate quoted is inclusive of all duties needed to be undertaken in order to perform the role you have been asked to do. There will be no additional payment to this hourly rate.
Hourly Paid Lecturers
- A separate timesheet claim form should be completed for each Guaranteed Minimum Hours (GMH) and Hourly Paid Lecturer (HPL) contract held
- Hours worked must be claimed within 30 days of the work being undertaken. In exceptional circumstances, this can be extended to 90 days.
Be aware: failure to do either of the above may result in pay being withheld.
Timesheet paid staff
Kent employs casual workers for a number of roles, including:
- Student Ambassadors
- Bar staff
- Library support officers.
Tier 4 student workers
- A separate timesheet claim form should be completed for each job held
- Timesheets must be completed in full with precise dates of work
- Hours worked must be claimed within 30 days of the work being undertaken. In exceptional circumstances, this can be extended to 90 days
- Hours must be verified and signed by the Employing Manager before being submitted to HR
- Hours must be submitted before the monthly payroll cut-off
Be aware: failure to do any of the above may result in pay being withheld.
Forms must be submitted to the HR Immigration Coordinator. Batch spreadsheets cannot be accepted for Tier 4 student workers and their hours must be removed from the batch spreadsheets submitted to Payroll in order to avoid duplication.
Commercial Services Tier 4 workers
Commercial Services (Kent Hospitality, Gulbenkian and Kent Sport) Tier 4 student workers should contact Commercial Services HR for further information
Pay-day and timesheet schedule
In general, pay day for Kent is the last day of each month; unless it falls on a weekend, in which case it is the Friday before.
In order to be included in any particular monthly payroll, all pay-related information and timesheet details must reach the Payroll Office no later than 17.00 on the cut-off date for that month.
New timesheet contracts need to be sent to HR by the 5th of the month.
Your school/department may have an earlier cut-off date for receipt of timesheets to allow time to check and authorise your pay.
Payment dates for the 2018/19 tax year
|Month||Cut Off Timesheet||Pay-run||Pay-day|
|February||6 Febuary||23 Febuary||28 Febuary|
|March||8 March||26 March||29 March|
|April||9 April||25 April||30 April|
|May||9 May||25 May||31 May|
|June||8 June||26 June||29 June|
|July||9 July||26 July||31 July|
|August||9 August||28 August||31 August|
|September||10 September||25 September||28 September|
|October||10 October||26 October||31 October|
|November||9 November||27 November||30 November|
|December||30 November||18 December||21 December|
|January||10 January||28 January||31 January|
|February||8 February||25 February||28 February|
|March||8 March||26 March||29 March|