Our agreement for creating web content on kent.ac.uk websites.
This policy for kent.ac.uk websites aims to:
- align kent.ac.uk web content with the strategic direction of the University Plan
- promote and uphold the strategic direction of the University of Kent brand as governed by the Brand Strategy Group
- ensure the creation of user-focussed content
- ensure we meet the legal requirements for accessible content
- maintain a professional standard of website content.
By creating content on the kent.ac.uk domains, we agree to the following:
- We agree that the University of Kent (the University) owns all content on the kent.ac.uk domains
- As Web Editors we will implement the Brand Strategy Group’s direction for the website
- We will be trained and pursue ongoing training on creating editorial content for the web. This includes an understanding of content strategy: content design and content marketing based on the user experience and design principles of the website
- We will work with central web teams to define new content that doesn’t follow the standard structure for school and service sections
- We will create content to serve user needs
- We will ensure legal compliance by creating content based on the accessible content guidelines to meet the University's accessibility statement. We follow the recommended government standard for web accessibility: WCAG 2.1 AA.
- We will ensure copy is written for the web according to the University's style guide
- We will ensure all imagery and video contains the correct copyright licences and attributions and follows our guidelines for using authentic imagery and video online
- We will regularly maintain, monitor and evaluate content I’ve created using statistics and user feedback
- As owner of the website content, the University may remove or edit incorrect, outdated or substandard content that may create a negative perception of the University
- We will work within the current UK Law including the General Data Protection Regulations and the Competition and Markets Authority requirements (PDF 662KB).