You will need your KentOne card to enter the libraries.
Please note that opening times vary throughout the year.
The library is open 24/7 during the busiest months of the year, with shorter hours at Christmas and over summer.
Drill Hall Library
Opening hours vary throughout the year.
Tonbridge Centre Library
The Tonbridge Centre Library is unstaffed:
please phone 01732 35
2316 or email email@example.com to check if the Library is open before you make a journey.
We aim to make our resources and services accessible to all.
The Drill Hall Library and the Templeman Library both feature:
- close-by parking facilities with disabled parking bays
- step-free access
- push plate doors at entrances and throughout
- lift access to all floors and basements
Finding books and resources
Use LibrarySearch to access the library's vast collection of books, journals, multimedia and digital resources, specifically chosen to support teaching and research at Kent.
LibrarySearch searches the Templeman, Tonbridge Centre, and Drill Hall libraries, and specialist collections.
Borrowing from our libraries
Using your KentOne card you can borrow:
- 40 items from the Templeman Library
- 20 items from the Drill Hall Library
Loan periods for Templeman Library
The different loan periods are:
- 7 day loans: most items, including journals and document delivery books
- 3 day loans: high demand and multimedia items
- 1 day loans: headphones for use in the library
- reference items: you can only use these in the library.
Seven-day and three-day loans will be automatically renewed until someone else reserves them or you return them.
Document delivery books will be automatically renewed up to five times.
Loan periods for Drill Hall Library
Most items are four-week loans or 7-day loans. Some items are reference, which means that they can only be used in the library.
Resources and guidance are available for all teaching staff at Kent.
Getting materials from other libraries
If you need an item that isn't available at a Kent libraries, we'll try to get it for you from elsewhere.
The Research Support team can help you to develop your effectiveness as a researcher at Kent.