Sports Centre, Canterbury
- Air-conditioned fitness suite with latest StarTrac equipment
- Kent Sport Physiotherapy Clinic
- Large group exercise studio with full timetable of dance, studio cycling, toning, holistic and combat classes
- Three multi-purpose sports hall for activities including badminton, basketball and martial arts.
- Squash courts with viewing gallery
- Café area
parking, showering and changing facilities.
The Pavilion, Canterbury
The Pavilion, opposite Parkwood accommodation, is a base for outdoor sports and events at the University. Facilities include:
- Bicycle rental and advice/repair services.
- Full-size, floodlit 3GX rugby pitch
- Grass pitches for sports including rugby, football and cricket
- Outdoor cricket nets
- Showering and changing facilities
- Pavilion Café Bar
- Accessible parking
- Four-court Indoor Tennis and Events Arena available by September 2020.
Medway Park, close to our Medway campus, offers facilities including:
- Echoes Gym
- sports hall
- track and field
- dance Studio
- Judo centre
Kent also has a centre of excellence for sports science and sports therapy teaching and research based at Medway Park.
Kent Sport membership is available to all Kent staff based at the Canterbury campus.
Choose from Premium Plus, Premium,
Plus and Pay to Play depending on your interests and how much you wish to use
Premium Plus is an all-inclusive membership with unlimited access to all sports facilities including the fitness suite and entry to all fitness and dance classes.
Premium offers unlimited gym and fitness and dance class membership
Plus is a sports-only membership with access for intramural sports and recreational sports bookings.
Pay to Play gives you the
flexibility to play at your own pace.
Staff can purchase a leisure pass for use at Medway leisure centres, including:
- Medway Park/Strand Leisure Park
- Strood Leisure Park
- Stirling Centre Gym
- Deangate Ridge
- Hoo Pool
Facilities can be booked up to seven days in advance and times are unrestricted subject to availability. The leisure pass can be purchased from Medway Park Leisure Centre using a current and valid University of Kent staff card.
If you don’t wish to become a member, there are plenty of other ways to keep active.
At Canterbury, you can sign-up for five-a-side football, a friendly tennis league and the Vice-Chancellor’s Cup, an inter-departmental staff competition.
Kent Sport is providing 30-minute activity sessions for
students and staff, regardless of ability or age. Activities
from badminton to running club, basketball and touch tennis, are available at
Canterbury and/or Medway campuses.
Staff can also
join in weekly netball coaching (every Monday lunchtime at Canterbury campus)